What IP address needs changed to program multiple radios over usb?

APX Series Radios Discussion
Forum rules
The requesting of licensed software is strictly prohibited.
Fatboy

What IP address needs changed to program multiple radios over usb?

Post by Fatboy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:10 am

All,
I am trying to program multiple radios simultaneously over usb in RM, but am unsure what IP address needs to be changed. It looks to me like it needs to be the subscriber IP (serial link 1 ?) due to the IP address that shows up in the LAN connection when radios are connected via USB. It is a little overwhelming looking into the templates that are in use/being developed. The APX6k firmware updates only take a few minutes for each one, but I am sitting on a couple thousand radios that I have to read, firmware, apply a prebuilt template, write then keyload. I am a pretty good TRBO guy and am helping out for people who are on vacation, it seems no good deed goes unpunished....... FB

P.S Customer now wants to add on OTAR (they have no data services on their system and no KMF) and OTAP. Nice
Notarola
Site Staff

Re: What IP address needs changed to program multiple radios over usb?

Post by Notarola » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:09 pm

A little trick for hardware or truly closed systems (no possibility of internet access) LAN systems. Set up a IP of 555.666.777.xxx or similar in everything then usually unless you missed setting up the target units IP or something along that lines everything should fire up directly.
[paypal]Donate[/paypal]
Firebuff880
CTF Team Supporter

Post by Firebuff880 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:59 pm

Well, the radio''s ip 192.168.10.1. Is what need to change for dp an multiple USB connections through a hub. Network --》radio ip.

For OTAP use a laptop or Intel nuc running device programer supported with a control station..
Fatboy

Post by Fatboy » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:04 am

Is it possible to run OTAP over a control station in P25 (phase 1 or phase2)? Never thought to try it that way. My APX IPs are 192.168.128.1 FB
Notarola
Site Staff

Post by Notarola » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:39 pm

I had found using the 192.168 series was causing issues with so many systems using routers etc. Thats why I went for something weird.
yes Firebuff the network needs to pass the IP you entered in the radios. If the IP your using is 192.168.10.1 then the radios need to be set to the same IP. The only time you would want to have different Ips in the units is if you were grouping them. so .10.1 would be LE, .10.02 Fire, .10.3 EMS. this would allow editing of certain units in a 'bulk' lot rather than having to figure what unit is what user.
[paypal]Donate[/paypal]
Firebuff880
CTF Team Supporter

Post by Firebuff880 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:52 pm

Disregard my response... saw trbo, missed the APX part.. Sorry.
KJ4SHL

Post by KJ4SHL » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:57 am

My recommendation would be to start at 1.0.0.1 and if using RM have it auto populate from there. This should be the same on both APX, and MOTOTRBO RM servers. This is how I provision new RM radios to allow multiple wired jobs.