APX v16.01.01 released

APX Series Radios Discussion
Forum rules
The requesting of licensed software is strictly prohibited.
Notarola
Site Staff

APX v16.01.01 released

Post by Notarola » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:16 pm

Well v16.01.01 is up on MOL. Clean out your hard drive your going to need the space 2.7 gig with RM and tuner. Nothing super major mentioned in the update. There might be other changes not mentioned.

• Added 3.99 MHz and 4.99 MHz Transmit Offset to allow certain VHF frequencies
• Options can now be added to a radio using the CPS when the radio is already at the latest firmware version
• Pre-Amp VHF and Pre-Amp UHF can now be programmed to the APX 8500 radio
[paypal]Donate[/paypal]
RadioRookie
CTF Team Supporter

Re: APX v16.01.01 released

Post by RadioRookie » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:09 am

I bit the bullet. Now my problem is not having enough space to download it. SMH. Between this CPS and my farm software that records all of my field data, boundaries, GPS, auto trac lines, yield data, elevation and terrain data, soil type data, etc etc, I have no room left for anything else (at the moment). Ironically, one is APX and the other is APEX.
“When you tell somebody something, it depends on what part of the country you're standing in as to just how dumb you are.”
Falcon
Site Admin

Post by Falcon » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:55 am

RadioRookie wrote:I bit the bullet. Now my problem is not having enough space to download it. SMH. Between this CPS and my farm software that records all of my field data, boundaries, GPS, auto trac lines, yield data, elevation and terrain data, soil type data, etc etc, I have no room left for anything else (at the moment). Ironically, one is APX and the other is APEX.
Time for a bigger hard drive! :P
support@commtechforums.net
Editable Google map for P25 systems. Google P25 Map
To join the "CTF Team" and help support the forum, click "Donate" below!
[paypal]Donate[/paypal]
Notarola
Site Staff

Post by Notarola » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:39 pm

Maybe a second computer. As a farmer you should never put all your eggs in one basket LOL.

I have a separate programming computer for nothing but software, I also have a couple of programming laptops one with win7 one with XP and one old DOS 25Mhz laptop.
[paypal]Donate[/paypal]
Falcon
Site Admin

Post by Falcon » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:09 pm

Notarola wrote:Maybe a second computer. As a farmer you should never put all your eggs in one basket LOL.

I have a separate programming computer for nothing but software, I also have a couple of programming laptops one with win7 one with XP and one old DOS 25Mhz laptop.
Just about all of my computers are programming computers. :lol:
support@commtechforums.net
Editable Google map for P25 systems. Google P25 Map
To join the "CTF Team" and help support the forum, click "Donate" below!
[paypal]Donate[/paypal]
RadioRookie
CTF Team Supporter

Post by RadioRookie » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:02 pm

Notarola wrote:Maybe a second computer. As a farmer you should never put all your eggs in one basket LOL.
You know how to make a little bit of money, farming? You start with alot.

I'm computer poor right now. But, alas, my desktop at my shop just bit the dust. I have another one on the way. Got a good deal on a unit that was part of a corporate upgrade program. Tons of memory and a solid state drive. $400.00 I suppose the new one will be used for all the newer versions of CPS coming out.
“When you tell somebody something, it depends on what part of the country you're standing in as to just how dumb you are.”
Notarola
Site Staff

Post by Notarola » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:34 pm

A SSD is next on my wish list. My issue is I am always moving large files or data bases around and this can mess up a SSD. You cant defrag one of them but i have found a way of doing a file resort that works good. A topic for another thread.
[paypal]Donate[/paypal]
4Oasis

Post by 4Oasis » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:20 pm

Notarola wrote:A SSD is next on my wish list. My issue is I am always moving large files or data bases around and this can mess up a SSD. You cant defrag one of them but i have found a way of doing a file resort that works good. A topic for another thread.
I have a Samsung EVO 850 250gb ssd drive that I use for my high end gaming computer and love it.
Notarola
Site Staff

Post by Notarola » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:53 pm

If I was a gamer I would be wanting A GPU but for most of us the single processor stack is enough. Although with v16.22.00 coming out who knows where the file size isssue is going to end.
[paypal]Donate[/paypal]
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:46 pm

There was a fix applied to Radio Management that resolved an issue with codeplugs being corrupted during POP25 writes... that was a big one, if you're one of the tens of people using RM and POP25. :p
Notarola
Site Staff

Post by Notarola » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:50 pm

Our operation is set up so that radios are rotated through 'fleet management' the bricks are switched out and the new RID is assigned to that unit. This allows bench updating and codeplug changes. We do use OTASP for rekeying but prefer to do it hands on for anything mission critical.
[paypal]Donate[/paypal]