TMS

APX Series Radios Discussion
Forum rules
The requesting of licensed software is strictly prohibited.
KK4SDN

TMS

Post by KK4SDN » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:43 am

Has anyone successfully setup TMS service between APX portables/mobiles and the XTS/XTL series? I had it working on an XTL and XTS prior to purchasing my APX 8000 and APX 7500. I can access the menu option and have setup contacts but cant send a message. Appreciate any help in advance.
Falcon
Site Admin

Re: TMS

Post by Falcon » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:45 am

I think I have it setup on my 7000 but I've not tried it. Kinda had to use the directions for the X series and read between the lines to get it working on APX.
support@commtechforums.net
Editable Google map for P25 systems. Google P25 Map
To join the "CTF Team" and help support the forum, click "Donate" below!
[paypal]Donate[/paypal]
KK4SDN

Post by KK4SDN » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:54 am

Falcon wrote:I think I have it setup on my 7000 but I've not tried it. Kinda had to use the directions for the X series and read between the lines to get it working on APX.
Thats where my issues are coming from, its hard to bounce back and forth to all the screens in APX CPS.
Falcon
Site Admin

Post by Falcon » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:10 am

KK4SDN wrote:
Falcon wrote:I think I have it setup on my 7000 but I've not tried it. Kinda had to use the directions for the X series and read between the lines to get it working on APX.
Thats where my issues are coming from, its hard to bounce back and forth to all the screens in APX CPS.
That's for sure. I wish Mother M would introduce a revision that is a little smoother.
[paypal]Donate[/paypal]
KK4SDN

Post by KK4SDN » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:07 pm

Falcon wrote:
KK4SDN wrote:
That's for sure. I wish Mother M would introduce a revision that is a little smoother.
I sent them an email and hopefully they'll get back to me and not blow me off.
Notarola
Site Staff

Post by Notarola » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:03 pm

Is it polite to laugh derisively?? I hope moto helps but the TMS feature is not a feature used a lot. maybe we should write our own FAQ here at CTF on the steps needed to properly enable it on APX units.
I will take a look and see if I have the time if not if Falcon can log the steps I can have one of my people create a .pdf with screen captures and proper descriptions for this site.

Falcon I can work with this
- radio wide - xxxx enable checkmark
- data configuration/data wide/direct TMS display - enable checkmark

etc.
[paypal]Donate[/paypal]
Falcon
Site Admin

Post by Falcon » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:00 pm

Notarola wrote:Is it polite to laugh derisively?? I hope moto helps but the TMS feature is not a feature used a lot. maybe we should write our own FAQ here at CTF on the steps needed to properly enable it on APX units.
I will take a look and see if I have the time if not if Falcon can log the steps I can have one of my people create a .pdf with screen captures and proper descriptions for this site.

etc.
I'll have to work on that. Other thing I'm curious to play with just for the fun of it, using the radio as a low speed data modem.
[paypal]Donate[/paypal]
KK4SDN

Post by KK4SDN » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:30 pm

Falcon wrote:
Notarola wrote:Is it polite to laugh derisively?? I hope moto helps but the TMS feature is not a feature used a lot. maybe we should write our own FAQ here at CTF on the steps needed to properly enable it on APX units.

etc.
I'll have to work on that. Other thing I'm curious to play with just for the fun of it, using the radio as a low speed data modem.
My codeplugs are in the hands of Motorola now, they are stumped as to why its not working either.
Falcon
Site Admin

Post by Falcon » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:14 pm

What firmware rev are you using?
[paypal]Donate[/paypal]
KK4SDN

Post by KK4SDN » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:27 pm

I got it to work, now comes the fun of creating the IP addresses of all these radios that people want TMS on. This weekend I should be able to create a write up and get some screen shots possibly of the settings needed.
Notarola
Site Staff

Post by Notarola » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:41 pm

Thank KK. I will be happy to take the info and have it organized into a nice PDF. If your ok with that dont worry too much about spelling etc. The same with the captures. As long as my person knows what page in the cps and what field is edited with what data they can do it up.

Its nice to have a few technicians around to do the hard work :)
[paypal]Donate[/paypal]
KK4SDN

Post by KK4SDN » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:14 pm

Notarola shoot me a message and I can get you all the information. Even have tips and tricks to have XTS/XTL then message the APX without frustration like I had.
wiredwrx

Post by wiredwrx » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:53 pm

Any update on this? I think I have TMS programmed on my APX8000, but would love to seethe "right" way to do it.
Notarola
Site Staff

Post by Notarola » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:55 pm

I sent KK a PM. I havent had a reply yet so it fell on the back burner. I still can get a nice .pdf made up if someone wants to write down the steps. As mentioned i can work with basic descriptions and flesh it out.

EG
APX CPS
under ..... checkmark xxxxxx
then under ...... type in the IP
next go to the conventional personality and under ...... change yyyyy to zzzzz
[paypal]Donate[/paypal]
jvwarren

Post by jvwarren » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:10 pm

Any updates on the PDF?