4F17 Owner System ID?

APX Series Radios Discussion
Forum rules
The requesting of licensed software is strictly prohibited.
Fatboy

Re: 4F17 Owner System ID?

Postby Fatboy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:07 pm

Found someone with 4 letters and 2 numbers in their email address.................. Did you find anything in TCMS? My contact who has access to that system said there was nothing there. FB

Fatboy

Postby Fatboy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:18 pm

Guess my guy has access to the TDR, not the TCMS. No wonder he couldnt find it. Thank you, FB.

Fatboy

Postby Fatboy » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:34 am

We ended up with about a half dozen different Owner System IDs associated with the customer's radios. All were new from Motorola and there is no Depot Software in user by the customer. However, there is still some weirdness with the local dealer who was bypassing the Sys Admin's ASK among other things. There is also a couple of dozen radios with NO Owner System ID set, which Motorola says is not possible. Big M says they have to rotate through the Depot because that issue cannot be cleared in the field (M STs say they were refused APX Depot software access). I am really enjoying the bi-weekly firmware updates. I cannot get through all 3000 deployed radios before a new version comes out. Learning a lot on this gig............. I always figured big M had their stuff more together than this. FB

Notarola
Site Admin

Postby Notarola » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:41 pm

The fun of being a sysadmin. All these updates keep a couple of guys busy. I am running one version behind deliberatly due to the Motos habit of releasing files that have bugs.

Project25
CTF Team Supporter

4F17 Owner System ID?

Postby Project25 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:57 pm

Notarola wrote:The fun of being a sysadmin. All these updates keep a couple of guys busy. I am running one version behind deliberatly due to the Motos habit of releasing files that have bugs.

We only upgrade when there's an issue…or it is needed to support a feature.

Now, my personal radios get upgraded whenever a new release comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notarola
Site Admin

Postby Notarola » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:40 pm

I know we are wandering a bit off topic here but thats the nature of forums.

I need keep my fleet current because I cannot afford to have the CPS/Firmware get too far out of sync. I did consider freezing everything at a known version but I was concerned that some regional center would update with current cps or something and throw everything off. I do send an internal email to my counter parts in other regions so that we are all on the same page.

Project25
CTF Team Supporter

Postby Project25 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:03 pm

Notarola wrote:I know we are wandering a bit off topic here but thats the nature of forums.

I need keep my fleet current because I cannot afford to have the CPS/Firmware get too far out of sync. I did consider freezing everything at a known version but I was concerned that some regional center would update with current cps or something and throw everything off. I do send an internal email to my counter parts in other regions so that we are all on the same page.

Understood. We don't upgrade unless needed because we are talking about ~20,000 radios under a service area of ~67,000 sq mi and it's a mix with roughtly 15% being first gen Kenwoods, 15% being APX (that'll be 30% once the Kenwood to APX migration is complete) and the rest Astro25 series. As far as Phase 2 goes, it's not currently in the 5 year plan system wide and right now the sites where the capacity increase is needed won't see the benefit from Phase 2 due to the current limitations of 7.16 and 7.17.

motorola_otaku

Postby motorola_otaku » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:54 pm

Fatboy wrote:Big M says they have to rotate through the Depot because that issue cannot be cleared in the field...

This is bullsh*t. I (my employer) received an APX8500 married to the Clinton County, NY Smartnet system, and to fix it they shipped us a limited-use (would expire after a few days) ASK so we could divorce and re-marry it to our SID. It's done under the "Update Radio Information" tab in CPS and takes like 30 seconds.

Notarola
Site Admin

Postby Notarola » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:47 pm

Thats the method I used in post 9. Athough I have a master ASK and not a child and that may be why I was able to change the SID without needing the matching ASK.

motorola_otaku

Postby motorola_otaku » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:29 pm

The ASK matching the new SID needs to be unlimited, and the ASK matching the old SID needs to have write protect enabled. Either way, there's absolutely no reason to depot a radio just to change the owner SID.

Fatboy

Postby Fatboy » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:33 pm

They ended up sending us those ASKs like Moto Otaku stated above. We have to get them through Plantation. FB

Notarola
Site Admin

Postby Notarola » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:42 pm

Either way the solution is get moto to send in a matching ASK. The best solution would be for Moto not to be marrying the default codeplugs.

motorola_otaku

Postby motorola_otaku » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:43 pm

No, the solution is for Motorola to get their sh*t together and stop sending people wrong or misconfigured radios. And don't even get me started on the depot...

Return to “APX Series”