XTL5000 Hi Power Remote TIB Replace?

XTS XTL Series Radio Discussion
Forum rules
The requesting of licensed software is strictly prohibited.
ASRM
CTF Team Supporter

Re: XTL5000 Hi Power Remote TIB Replace?

Postby ASRM » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:38 pm

Thanks Notorola, and this might all be moot, there are 2 radios at the shop that are of this version and I would like to snag them for my rescue, but for a lot less then I originally offered, I was going to give him $300-350 and think I am looking at a $200-275 at the most per.

These are Hi-Band units with the W4 heads and no power, data/speaker connector, mic or speaker or even brackets.

But then again maybe I need to find some folks here that will sell me some rigs at a better price ;)

slartibartfast

Postby slartibartfast » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:51 pm

Notarola wrote:I checked with my source and the firmware updates are still available but there does not appear to be any ibuttons in stock. This would mean that you would have to have an existing button to add in the additional updates.

If someone can reconfirm this then we can continue on the subject otherwise we will have to wait.

Sorry to necro-post, but I was not aware it was possible to "Recharge" (for lack of a better word) Refresh FLASHkeys with more uses.

I always thought you had to buy another FLASHkey (with iButton) once you used all the flashes.

How does that work logistically?

Notarola
Site Admin

Postby Notarola » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:32 pm

Moto sends you a file with more updates. Sometimes they just send a new key. it depends on the level of service shop or availablity of keys and fobs.

Return to “X Series”