iCOM IC-5061 Troubleshooting

General NXDN/iDAS Discussion
Falcon
Site Admin

iCOM IC-5061 Troubleshooting

Post by Falcon » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:21 am

Anyone familiar with board level troubleshooting these? I was sent one that would not power on. I can see that it is drawing .071 amps when I press the power button and .007 when the button is tapped to turn it off. The unit never powers up even when ignition sense is put into play.
support@commtechforums.net
Editable Google map for P25 systems. Google P25 Map
To join the "CTF Team" and help support the forum, click "Donate" below!
[paypal]Donate[/paypal]
Notarola
Site Admin

Re: iCOM IC-5061 Troubleshooting

Post by Notarola » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:19 pm

look for a bad cap in the switched power gate. A lot of the radios that use 'soft' switches for power on/off, if the cap is bad the gate just resets to off. You will need to look at Q47 and 48 flip flop circuit along with the input to the 8 volt regulator IC20. Also look at IC1 this is the continuous power to the CPU if its bad then the radio is brain dead and wont recognize the power switch being used ( i dont think that is the issue you have).
[paypal]Donate[/paypal]
Falcon
Site Admin

Re: iCOM IC-5061 Troubleshooting

Post by Falcon » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:58 pm

Notarola wrote:look for a bad cap in the switched power gate. A lot of the radios that use 'soft' switches for power on/off, if the cap is bad the gate just resets to off. You will need to look at Q47 and 48 flip flop circuit along with the input to the 8 volt regulator IC20. Also look at IC1 this is the continuous power to the CPU if its bad then the radio is brain dead and wont recognize the power switch being used ( i dont think that is the issue you have).
Awesome! I will for sure do that! Thanks for the info!
support@commtechforums.net
Editable Google map for P25 systems. Google P25 Map
To join the "CTF Team" and help support the forum, click "Donate" below!
[paypal]Donate[/paypal]